“There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.” – Nelson Mandela
So, I was trying to figure out what I should write about on my first blog date and I decided to go with something I have been thinking about lately. As we near 30 (I know, I know it is scary to think about) I find myself reflecting on where I am but most of the time, I’m left wondering what I’m yet to do. I think we sometimes forget that happiness is a state of mind, a mood, and that we own the choices we make that lead to our desired destinations; what ever those may be for you.
So, when I turned 27 this summer I decided to start doing the things that I have always wanted to do but never made time for. I think Laura was the first of us to mention the 30 before 30 list. A list of all the things a woman should accomplish before she turns 30. Because, let’s face it, 3 years is not that long and I wanted my list to be meaningful I narrowed mine to 10 before 30. These are the things I have always been passionate about but never made time for:
- Finish my Masters in I/O Psychology (Graduation July 2013 🙂
- Buy my first LV Speedy Handbag
- Buy my first pair of Louboutin’s ( this signifies that it is no longer a choice between the shoes and my rent!!)
- Learn how to play the Piano
- Learn to read music (I can sing and match pitch, but this has never been a strong point for me)
- Finish learning how to speak Italian
- Go to Italy!
- Take a photography class (bought my first DSLR this summer and love it! The picture above is my very own 😉
- Read Homer’s Iliad
- Go to the 2016 Olympics in Brazil!! (I will actually be 31 by then, but close enough)
There is no time like the present my friends and I can’t wait to start pursuing the items on my list (they will, of course, be sprinkled with lots of UN reunions!!) Go make your lists; I can’t wait to read them!!